This event is in the past.
Recent Advances in Slope Engineering from JKR perspective.
Malaysia has had its fair share of major slope failure cases in contemporary printed history. To name a few, the tragic Highland Tower in 1993 which shook the nation and can still felt until today; Genting Sempah in 1995, Gua Tempurung in 1996 and Bukit Lanjan rock slope failure in 2003. Following the hundreds of millions financial losses from Bukit Lanjan case, it initiaties the need for a special technical branch that centers around slope engineering to be established. Cawangan Kejuruteraan Cerun or Slope Engineering Branch was established in 2004 with main objective to developed and enhance slope safety standard in Malaysia.
This seminar will cover four major themes:
- Rehabilitation, Mitigation and Prevention
- Landslide Monitoring and Early Warning
- Case History in Landslide and Lesson Learnt
- Landslide Hazard and Risk Assessment
Main objective of the seminar is to:
- Exchange views, experiences and case studies for slope failure, remedy measures and prevention for sustainable development;
- Study on the economic and social assessment of the impact on natural and technological disaster on society and environment;
- Highlight the mitigation measures of slope repairs through land use and construction quality management
- Understand the policy and the implementation to reduce slope failure occurences.