Malaysia has had its fair share of major slope failure cases in contemporary printed history. To name a few, staring the Highland Tower case in 1993 which shook the nation until today, Genting Sempah in 1995, Gua Tempurung in 1996 and Bukit Lanjan rock slope failure in 2003 which resulting in hunderds of millions ringgit loss due to road closure. Thus resulting in the establishment of Cawangan Kejuruteraan Cerun or Slope Engineering Branch in 2004.
This seminar on Slope Engineering Malaysia 2018: Recent Advances in Slope Engineering through Experience will cover some basis understanding on slope engineering and discuss on the four major themes:
- Rehabilitation, Mitigation and Prevention
- Landslide Monitoring and Early Warning
- Case History in Landslide and Lesson Learnt
- Landslide Hazard and Risk Assessment
Main objective of the seminar is to;
- Exchange views, experiences and case studies for slope failure, remedy measures and prevention for sustainable development;
- Study on the economic and social assessment of the impact of natural and technological disaster on society and environment;
- Highlight the mitigation measures of slope repair through land use and construction quality management
- Understand the policy and implementation to reduce slope failure occurancens.